Vindoro Negroamaro San Marzano View larger

Vindoro Negroamaro San Marzano 2016 (6 bottle case)

Deep in colour, this velvety rich wine has aromas of black cherry jam, soft ripe fruits and a hint of spice. Full bodied and powerful, yet balanced, it is rich in fine tannins, with a pleasantly long lasting finish.

More details

£20.51
6 bottles: £123.06

RRP: £23.75
You Save: £3.24 (14%)

You might also like

Data sheet

RRP £23.75
Alcoholic strength 14.5%
Vintage 2016
Grapes Negroamaro 100%
Serve with Savoury first courses, red meat, game and pecorino cheese
Name San Marzano Vindoro Negroamaro
Body D
Contains sulphites Yes
Vegetarian/Vegan Yes/Yes
Milk/Eggs No/No
Organic/Biodynamic No/No

More info

In 1962, 19 vine growers from San Marzano whose families had farmed the land for generations, combined their efforts to establish 'Cantine San Marzano'. Through the decades this cooperative has grown significantly, attracting over 1,200 vine growers. Using modern and technologically advanced vinification techniques they produce elegant wines that pay homage to the ancient Apulian wine traditions. The fusion of time honoured tradition, passion and contemporary techniques, enables this winery to produce wines with distinctive varietal and regional characteristics while reflecting the local terroir. In the Sommelier Wine Awards, San Marzano was awarded European Producer of the Year 2017.

The grapes are grown at selected vineyards located between San Marzano and Francavilla Fontana. The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year round, with very little rainfall and a wide diurnal temperature range which positively influences the quality of the grapes. The soil is mainly terra rossa, with a fine texture and a generally calcareous underground with a few emerging rocks. The well-known reddish colour of this soil is due to the high presence of iron oxide. The manual harvests take place during the last week of September.

80% of the must was macerated for 18 days and the remaining 20% was macerated for 25 days. A temperature controlled alcoholic fermentation took place with autochthonous yeasts at 24°C. The wine was then aged in French and Caucasian oak barrels for 12 months, prior to release.

Special Offers...

Check out our current Special Offers on Prosecco, Argentinian wines and more

More...

Delivery...

Orders placed before 1pm will usually be dispatched the following working day for delivery the day after *.
* with the exception of outlying areas; some orders may also be delivered faster than this
Mainland UK delivery from £4.95 when you order 12 bottles or more
Free delivery when you spend £325

More...

Strictly on Twitter